Saturday, July 2, 2011

Croissant equation and Prolog.

Computacional geometry and computer graphics are subjects I rarely play with, but I like their connection with the real matter. Today in CosmoCaixa museum I found mathematical equation for a croissant. That was quite amazing - full exhibition devoted for math and equations describing natural shapes. I see croissants often in Spain and I have to admit that I never thought about their shape as a mathematical expression.


This can be ordered like that:


This can be expressed as:



and be calculated with use of:
I wouldn't recommend to find solutions for this equation in Ruby, so the example is in ECLiPSe CLP. It is a great tool (environment) for solving contraint logic problems. It's also fun. For me.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this equation in Barselona museam! Funny!

    ReplyDelete